Food Business Notification

 All businesses and activities that involve selling food must notify their local council.

Who should notify?

A food business means a business, enterprise or activity – other than a primary food production business – that involves:

  • handling food intended for sale
  • selling food.

This is regardless of whether the business, enterprise or activity is of a commercial, charitable or community nature or whether it involves the handling or sale of food on one occasion only.

Mobile food businesses should notify the council in which the vehicle is normally garaged.

You need only complete the notification process once unless your details change.

Please note registration is FREE and takes a couple of minutes of your time to complete.


How to notify

Complete the Food Business Notification Form or Home Based Food Business Application Form


For further information please contact Catarina Santos, Environmental Health Officer on 0427 330933.

Robe SA Map

The District Council of Robe is located in one of the most diverse and exciting areas within the state of South Australia. Situated along SA's magnificent Limestone Coast, this historic seaside port has an abundance of attractions on offer.

Contact Council

Royal Circus, Robe SA 5276

Phone: 08 8768 2003