Our community continues to adapt to this new, restricted life that we are all living. After my last post, some other initiatives have developed and I’d like to share them with everyone:
- The Robe Dairy is offering home delivery on Tuesdays and Fridays. You can order and pay online or just call 8768 2626.
- You can order grocery lines (fruit/veg/meat/milk/bread) through the Robe Hotel as well as some pre cooked meals. Grocery orders in by Tuesday 7pm for collection through the BottleO (or delivery available) on Thursday afternoon. Contact the Hotel on 8768 2077
- Yoga Pam has developed a podcast to assist those of us who are feeling a bit tense. Phone 0402 730 785 for details.
- Local Jess Hawkins is there for anyone who is feeling a bit low or anxious regarding what is happening at the moment. You can give her a call on 0431 277 733. As Jess is a health care professional, your privacy is guaranteed. We are pleased that Jess is kindly offering the service for free to Robe’s residents.
- Heather Gibbons is offering online stress management sessions via the easy to use Zoom app. Give her a call on 0407 978 335 for details.
In this challenging time, our small community continues to instigate plenty of great ideas to help the broader community. Keep sending in any good news stories so I can let everyone know!
As Easter approaches, we are doing as much as we can to ensure the “stay home so this can be over faster” message gets through to all non essential travellers. This doesn’t come easy to a town that has always been very welcoming and generous but for now, it’s the best thing we can do.
Last night, in support of discouraging non-essential travel, i.e. “stay home so this can be over faster” message, Council has resolved to close the Robe boat ramp, the boat ramp at the ‘Ski Lake’ and vehicle access to Long Beach from 6.00am on the 9 April 2020 through until 6.00pm on the 15 April 2020. This decision was not taken lightly and followed a thorough risk assessment of the public health issues we face as a community due to Covid-19.
Please keep in touch with friends and neighbours as well as supporting our older residents. It’s our connections that will keep us going as we have our good and bad days.
Please call me if there is anything you would like to discuss or if you would just like to chat on 0427 357 243.