- Latest News
In preparation for the busy Summer season ahead Council has formalised the creation of Beach Activity Zones, to achieve this, Council will be undertaking the following,:
- No Vehicles- the reinstallation of the traditional rock barrier west of second ramp at Long Beach, to prevent vehicle access to this section of beach.
- No Boats/Watercraft- Declaring a Recommended Personal Watercraft (PWC) exclusion zone- from the old slip way (including Town Beach, Hoopers and Faux) to 1km North of Steve Woolston Road (third ramp), 200m seaward of the low water mark.
- No beach launching/landing of motorized vessels will be permitted in this exclusion zone.
- The Personal Watercraft exclusion zone will apply between Sunrise and Sunset during the period between 1 December and Easter Monday (inclusive) in any year.
- No Camping- By-Law 2 Local Government Land, Section 9.12 (No) ‘Camping and Tents’ will be enforced.
This means that camping on any Council land, including beaches is prohibited and expiations will be used to offenders.
Council hopes the Beach Activity Zones and the enforcement of the No Camping bylaw will make the town and beach an even more friendly place to be and we thank the Robe community and its visitors in advance for their co-operation to the changes that will be enforced.
Please contact the Council office on 08 87682003 if you need clarification on any of the above measures.