Mission Statement -
"Continue to promote responsible pet ownership and recognise that companion animals are part of the community, contributing to its quality of life and ensure that the legitimate needs of animals and their owners are accommodated while recognising the differing needs of non-pet owners of the Robe community and protecting the environment"
The District Council of Robe released an Animal Management Plan in partnership with the Dog and Cat Management Board in response to Council's responsibilities under the Dog and Cat Management Act 1995. This plan will guide domestic animal management by the District Council of Robe over the next 5 years.
All dogs must be registered from the age of 3 months. From 1 July 2018, all dogs must be microchipped. Dogs must be registered through the DACO system. If you have any queries when registering your dog, please contact the Council Office.
Where can I let my dog off the leash?
- Wrights Bay
- Lipson Park
- West Beach
- Long Beach north of 3rd ramp to Boatswain Point Beach (excluding Guichen Bay Conservation Park)
- Long Beach north of rock barrier (2nd ramp) and south of 3rd ramp except between 9am and 8pm from Dec 1 to after the Easter Long weekend
- Hoopers Beach except between 9am and 8pm from Dec 1 to after the Easter Long Weekend
- Nora Creina Bay Beach except between 9am and 8pm from Dec 1 to after the Easter Long Weekend
- Boatswain Point Beach except between 9am and 8pm from Dec 1 to after the Easter Long Weekend
As the owner of a dog it is your responsibility to:
- Ensure your dog is registered.
- Notify Council if your dog dies, changes address, or if your contact details change.
- Keep your dog from barking or causing a nuisance to other people.
- Keep your dog under control at all times.
- Clean up after your dog on a street, beach or other public place.
- Exercise the dog daily.
- Have the dog de-sexed if it is not intended for breeding.
- Have the dog micro chipped.
- Ensure all vaccinations, worming and health schedules are adhered to.
How to register a dog or cat
Go to Dogs and Cats Online
- Select Register
- Select register my new animal
- Enter Microchip number, Desexing ID or Transfer code and your Surname. If you haven’t been given these details, select Unknown
- Check if you have an account—if so, select it and proceed without logging in, or continue as a new owner
- Ensure your details are correct
- Complete registration
- If you don’t have internet access or an email address, contact the District Council of Robe for assistance.