4WD TRACKS IN ROBE
The Robe region offers an array of 4WD tracks for the adventure enthusiast.
Please note that if you are intending to travel on the sand tracks along this coastline, particularly through the winter months, you should be aware of the following:
- Tracks often are changed by the rough seas and gale force winds.
- The beaches are very soft, tides and seas can be very high. It is recommended that you obtain a Tide Time Chart (obtain from the Council Office or Visitor Information Centre)
- Make sure you have appropriate recovery gear.
- Let the pressure down in your tyres (recommended PSI is 15)
- Stay on the marked tracks on the maps provided.
- If you become bogged it is very difficult to find someone to come and pull you out. It is therefore safer to travel with at least one other vehicle.
- Phone coverage is often poor so you need to climb to the nearest high point to phone for help.
- Take the appropriate action to ensure your visit along our coastline is an enjoyable one. It is a beautiful area and the trip should be a memorable experience for all the right reasons.
- IF IN DOUBT – GET OUT – AND WALK THE TRACK AHEAD
Department of Environment and Water has a 24/7 duty ranger. Please phone 08 8735 1177 and follow the prompts.