TRAINEE COMMUNITY SAFETY OFFICER/HARBOUR MASTER
The District Council of Robe is located in one of the most diverse and existing areas of within the state of South Australia. Situated along SA's magnificent Limestone Coast, this historic seaside port has an abundance of attractions on offer. Together with Group Training Employment we are currently seeking applications for a 24 month Certificate 4 Traineeship.
Applicants must have:
- Sound organisation and time management skills
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to remain calm under pressure
- Ability to recognise and seek assistance from peers and supervisors as appropriate
- Basic research and interpretation skills with the ability to learn and apply relevant legislation to ensure personal and public safety
- Demonstrated attention to detail
- Potential to learn to accurately assess situations and respond quickly with appropriate actions
- Ability to be self-directed, high level of tenacity and outcome focused
- Capability to build relationships and networks with relevant stakeholders
- Knowledge of Microsoft products and their application, including Word, Excel and Outlook
Duties will include, but not limited to:
- Undertaking a range of animal management, fire prevention and marina activities, including inspections under the close direction of the Senior Community Safety Officer/Harbour Master
- Assisting with monitoring the District’s compliance with relevant legislation and undertake enforcement procedures as required
- Assisting with providing basic advice to the community on a range of legislative issues
- Assisting with the development and promotion of plans, programs and projects relevant to the role
- Preparation of correspondence and reports and maintenance of records
- Under the supervision of the Harbour Master undertake activities within the marina
Training in Animal Management, Fire Prevention, First Aid and Marina Operations will be provided.
A current driver’s licence is essential.
Applications must include a cover letter. For a copy of the full position description or to place an application contact:
Charlie Matthews Phone: 8721 2345
Group Training Employment Email: email@example.com
173 Commercial Street West
MOUNT GAMBIER SA 5290
Applications close Friday 24/07/2020 at 5pm
- Permanent full-time position
- 76 hour / 9-day fortnight
- $79,315 per annum
Is risk management and health, safety & wellbeing your passion? An opportunity exists to influence and guide Naracoorte Lucindale Council on its path to legislative compliance and best practice where safety and risk management is embedded in the organisation.
The position is accountable for leading the development and implementation of Council’s organisational risk strategy and associated programs to improve safety leadership and a positive safety culture across the organisation. The position will work closely with the Council Management Team members to develop and implement a risk strategy and framework system, including policies, procedures and guidelines that underpin a safe environment.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, this position is predominantly based in Naracoorte, with services provided to District Council of Robe under a Resource Sharing Service Agreement.
The employment package, including advice to prospective applicants, position information and position description, can be obtained by contacting Council on 8760 1100 or visiting www.naracoortelucindale.sa.gov.au.
Applications must be received by 5pm 30 July 2020.