Tucked away on South Australia's rugged Limestone Coast, Robe has a remarkable history, diverse and exciting attractions and beaches that offer an idyllic lifestyle and highly engaged community. The District Council of Robe is in a new stage of growth and looking to expand and promote the natural and cultural tourism of the area. With the opportunity to be part of this new and exciting phase, work closely with the CEO and leave your mark on a community. The District Council of Robe are looking for an experienced professional with proven success in a Corporate Services and Finance role.
As a key member of the leadership team you will deliver on the District Council of Robe’s integrated plans, including Community, Annual and Assets. You will provide strategic and operational oversight of a broad portfolio of business, administrative and financial services, through a committed and collaborative team to ensure that current and future goals of Council can be delivered. Your customer centric focus, ability to positively engage employees and working effectively across the organisation will be key strengths in contributing to the District Council of Robe’s success. You may be CPA qualified but at a minimum, you will have significant experience in managing the financial direction of an organisation.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Deliver the District Council of Robe’s integrated plans, including Community, Annual and Assets and ensure governance requirements are strengthened and met
- Be accountable for the Department’s budget and financial management and an active participant in the development and delivery of Council’s capital and operating budgets
- Ensure all policies, procedures, guidelines and frameworks for the Department are current, robust and legislatively compliant
- Develop specifications, standards, systems, performance measures and service levels in accordance with strategic objectives and goals
- Participate in relevant Committees, as directed by the CEO to support delivery of the Annual Business and Community Plan
- Provide professional, informative, evidence based and timely reports to the CEO and Council
- Be an active participant in the identification and mitigation of strategic, operational and project risks
- Ensure CEO, Council and community are kept up to date with service levels, project status, issues encountered and any expected delays
- Manage all records in accordance with legislation and Council’s policy and procedures
- Ensure effective and efficient use of systems and software programs
To be successful in this role you will need to demonstrate an ability to think strategically to foster new ideas and develop innovative business solutions and be agile and adaptable in a changing environment with the ability to leading people through change. CPA qualified highly regarded.
To register your interest in this excellent career opportunity within a vibrant and united community, please click here.
If you require any additional information, please call Deirdre Albrighton on (08) 8224 2028. Your confidentiality will be assured. This is a five-year contract, with a generous remuneration package for the right individual.
Applications close 5pm, Monday 23 March 2020.